Thursday, December 11, 2008

Feed Hope with Dia Calhoun

My dearest friends have been welcoming me home to Seattle in full force! Just yesterday, Dia Calhoun--she of the Mythopoeic Award for Fantasy Writing!--dropped by with a handpainted piece of work she had created just for me. I'm hanging it over my front door. Feed Hope. It is my mantra for this next year. FEED HOPE.

To feed hope to my kids and let them feel the wonder of our lives and our world and our family and our friends.

To feed hope to myself that there is a greater plan. I just have to open my eyes and my heart to see it.

(One really fun fact about Dia. She's not only an amazing, award-winning author and a co-founder of readergirlz, but she's a gifted letterer. She did the lettering for the Alaska Airlines logo! And now her art work (not just her books) graces my home. )
Today I am so thankful for each and every one of my multi-talented friends who are making my home a reflection of my heart.

5 comments:

  1. THAT is SO incredibly beautiful! What a gift! I had no idea Dia did that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sign! How sweet of Dia :)

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Justina! I was delighted to make Feed Hope for you and poured all my love and hope for you and your family into it. I'm honored that it has a place of honor in your home.

    ReplyDelete