Friday, February 20, 2009

North of Beautiful: The Official Geocache!

One of the most truly beautiful gifts anyone has ever given to me was made by the multi-talented Dia Calhoun. (She creates art! Writes fantasy! And verse! And fights off cougars!) A few weeks before I left for China last summer, she and Lorie Ann Grover met me in Winthrop--the setting for North of Beautiful.

They spirited me to Dia's favorite fishing hole...where Dia presented me with the official North of Beautiful geocache! Not only did she create a cache--stuffing it with keepsakes and symbols from my book, but she had scoped out a site for the cache, too.


We were giggling as we took the coordinates... N 48° 08.290 W 120° 01.022.



Your mission: Go to the Methow Valley. You won't be sorry. And now can you find the cache?


Today I am grateful for friends who know my heart.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! It was so much fun. The hunt in on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! And Justina, to geocache your heart would take a lifetime...it's that huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is one of the coolest idea's ever :) Dia is fantastic :)

    xoxo

    P.S.
    I am buying North of Beautiful tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so neat. I loved North of Beautiful -- it made me want to make collages for the rest of my life. :)

    ReplyDelete