Saturday, July 24, 2010

North of Beautiful: Walden Finalist!

YAY! I am so humbled by this bit of recent news...and so thrilled that I have an excuse to shop for a new frock to wear to the awards ceremony in November!

NORTH OF BEAUTIFUL has been named one of the finalists for the 2010 Amelia Walden Award given by the Adolescent Literature Action Network (ALAN). ALAN's members are among the most influential librarians, reviewers, professors, and high school educators in the country. The Walden Award celebrates books that show a positive approach to life, teen appeal and literary merit.

This year’s winner was FIRE by Kristin Cashore and the other finalists were:

MARCELO IN THE REAL WORLD by Franciso X. Stork

THE MONSTRUMOLOGIES by Rick Yancey

THE SWEETHEART OF PROSPER COUNTY by Jill S. Alexander

2 comments:

  1. YAY for you and NoB!! I just am getting back into the swing of school and decided to check in with the blogs I follow during the school year. I'm so excited to find you blogging again. I've missed you :) Looks like you've had a fantastic summer.

    Cheers!

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. Well deserved. My students beg for a sequel to this outstanding book. I, myself have read it at least a dozen times. Thank you for writing this story.

    ReplyDelete